Mathematics for the New Zealand Curriculum Year 12
Mathematics for the New Zealand Curriculum Year 12 has been designed specifically for today's New Zealand classroom. Addressing the changes to the New Zealand curriculum and and covering realigned NCEA Level 2 mathematics standards, our author team have created the ultimate package to cater for individual learning abilities in the classroom.
• Visually appealing layout engages students without compromising the clear and accessible presentation of content.
• Content based on the curriculum provides logically structured teaching program aligned to the NCEA Level 2 mathematics standards, which can more easily accommodate changes to the latter.
• NZ Curriculum key competencies and mathematics achievement objectives listed for each chapter demonstrates the relationship between the textbook content and the new NZ curriculum to assist with course planning and reporting.
• Do Now exercises at the beginning of each chapter tests prior knowledge before introducing more complex concepts.
• Worked examples with explanations running parallel to the solutions, and cross-references from exercise questions to relevant examples allow students to work independently.
• Carefully graded exercises from single-focus questions to extension material ensure that every student achieves some success working at a level and pace suited to their ability.
• Exam and assessment-style questions used in examples and exercises assist students in achieving NCEA Level 2 standards.
• Enrichment problems in each exercise cater for individual learning abilities in the classroom.
• Working Mathematically investigations and plenty of word problems (with a specially developed problem-solving cycle to help tackle them) help students to apply maths knowledge and skills to solving problems in real-life contexts while building on their knowledge gained from previous sections.
Examples and exercises are structured to suit a range of technologies where appropriate.
If you order this product you will receive the following components:
Print Textbook: delivered in full colour print.
PDF Textbook: a downloadable PDF version of the student text that enables students to take notes and bookmark pages. The PDF textbook can be used in class or as a reference at home. To access the PDF textbook, simply register for a Cambridge GO account and enter the 16 character access code found in the front inside cover of your textbook