THE COMPLETE PACKAGE FOR YEAR 10 MATHEMATICS
This edition of Beta Mathematics has been written to meet the current requirements of Level Five Mathematics and Statistics in the New Zealand Curriculum.
- The content has been arranged to match the three curriculum strands: Number and Algebra, Measurement and Geometry, and Statistics.
- Throughout the book the examples and exercises follow the spirit of the Numeracy Project, with plenty of activities where the mathematics relates to students’ own experiences.
- The Statistics chapters now feature coverage of the Statistical Enquiry Cycle.
- The Trigonometry chapters now include the traditional and popular SOH-CAH-TOA approach.
- Beta Mathematics 2e takes maximum advantage of a full-colour design, carefully planned to engage students and keep them interested. Thousands of full-colour diagrams, photos, cartoons, tags and icons help bring the mathematics to life.
Beta Mathematics 2e has been produced to fit a variety of learning approaches. In many cases appropriate technology can be used: Computer Algebra Systems (CAS), spreadsheets, and ordinary scientific calculators.