Mathematics and Statistics for the NZ Curriculum-Focus on Level 3
New in the Mathematics & Statistics for the New Zealand Curriculum series, Focus on Level 3 provides a textbook strong on literacy and numeracy support for students in intermediate and Year 9.
Written by leading New Zealand educators and experienced teachers who work with lower ability students in the maths classroom, these texts focus on a curriculum level rather than a school year, to provide appropriate resources to motivate struggling students to succeed at that level.
• A greater focus on foundation level questions allows students to experience success immediately to build the confidence they need to extend their learning.
• Topic introductions encourage students to use different strategies when looking at concepts and approaching problems to suit their own learning styles and abilities.
• Literacy support throughout the text include Practising Language activities and puzzles, and vocabulary lists with words students should know (English and Maori).
• The considered and student-friendly approach to language and illustrated design caters for a range of abilities and learning styles and helps to engage reluctant learners.
• A workbook is available separately containing an workbook exercise for every unit, to consolidate students' understanding, plus a free student CD-ROM with cross-referenced examples for the exercises.
• Additional support on the Teacher CD-ROM includes answers and leading notes for topic introductions, valuable literacy and numeracy strategies and clever ways to engage students.
Available in October 2011