Sigma Statistics (4e)
Completely updated to reflect recent changes in the New Zealand Curriculum, Sigma Statistics has been reorganised to provide full coverage of the NCEA Level 3 Statistics Achievement Standards.
To reflect the intent of the new curriculum and the new Level 3 Achievement Standards that now allow students to take a ‘statistics only’ course in Year 13, we have titled this new book Sigma Statistics rather than Sigma Mathematics, the predecessor title.
• Bootstrapping – new statistical technique for developing informal confidence intervals for the median, and mean
• Randomisation – new statistical technique for assessing the significance of experimental results
• Seamlessly integrated with the new iNZight and Visual Inference Tools (VIT) software
• Numerous new and updated datasets for time series, bivariate data analysis, statistical inference and experiments
• Wide-ranging selection of statistically based reports – all in one place!
• Full coverage of experimental design – the types of blocking, controls, treatments, means effects and more!
• Specially commissioned new apps – a boxplot generator that superimposes the informal confidence interval, interactive apps for exploring the effect of parameter changes on the binomial, Poisson and normal distributions
• Risk and relative risk
• Inclusion of discussion about deterministic and probabilistic models
• New simulations
• New interactive spreadsheets
Download Table of Contents