Numeracy skills are an everyday requirement throughout life. Numeracy for NCEA Level 1 helps students learn and reinforce, through practice, the skills they will need to achieve the numeracy standards 26223, 26226 and 26227. While these standards may be assessed in a variety of curriculum areas, the skills must first be taught and learned in the Maths classroom.
Included in the book are:
- information to support the student when attempting the exercises
- hundreds of problems to enable students to gain confidence to apply numeracy skills in a variety of settings, such as Science or Technology
- a matrix for each standard so that the student can maintain a record of their progress towards achievement
- activities which can be used to enable students to demonstrate their competence in these numeracy skills in an appropriate context
- basic skills that students who generally finds Mathematics difficult should gain. This may enable these students to proceed to NCEA Level 1 Achievement Standards.